Exile International is a community of faith seeking justice, restoration and empowerment on behalf of all people regardless of race, religion, or any other status. The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to compassionately respond to those in need: The Lord God has told us what is right and what he demands: “See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God.” (Micah 6:8)
We draw strength and unity from our common commitment to the teachings of Jesus Christ. Accordingly, Exile International’s teammates embrace and contribute to the spiritual community through shared Christian conviction and practice. We provide rehabilitative care and assistance to persons victimized by war regardless of their religious beliefs, or ethnicity, and are grateful for the support of all people of good will.
- We believe that God calls us all to love Him with our whole being, and to love others as we love ourselves. Mark 12:28-33
- We are committed to following Jesus Christ’s example of godly love and service to others. His example motivates and inspires our commitment to love and to serve. John 15:9-17; 1 John 4:10-11
- We believe in the biblical call to seek justice and compassionately respond to the needs of others. “The Lord God has told us what is right and what he demands: ‘See that justice is done, let mercy be your first concern, and humbly obey your God.’” Micah 6:8
- We believe that living out the gospel requires compassionate action – being Christ’s hands and feet in our communities and to the ends of the Earth. “Do to others as you would have them do to you.” Luke 6:31; “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
- We believe in the healing power of Christ, grace, forgiveness, unconditional love and spiritual community.
- We believe that, by His grace, we are not defined by what we have done or what has been done to us – Christ offers newness of life and hope.
- We believe that this life is temporary, difficult and wonderful. Hope can be found after traumatic experiences; and an eternal life of redemption and restoration is found in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the one God, eternally existing as the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all persons, in all places bear the image of God and are equally important to Christ. We, as Exile International, are called and committed to provide rehabilitative care and assistance to persons victimized by war regardless of their religious beliefs or ethnicity, and are grateful for the support of all people of good will.