Friends and Supporters,We hope this finds you well, rested, and enjoying some time with family and friends! We are celebrating a remarkable year at Exile International! We aren’t sure we’ll ever experience one like it again. And it’s not over! Stay tuned for some exciting news on how your year-end tax donations can go directly toward a new project in Congo! Because of the contributions, prayers, and support of so many, we are excited to share the remarkable highlights of the past year. Even we can’t believe it!– Art/expressive trauma care was provided to over 1000 war-affected children, former child soldiers, and those orphaned in Congo, Uganda, Sudan, and Haiti.- Trauma care training was provided to over 200 local leaders on the ground.
– Local counselors who lead weekly group work and counseling with the children are now supported monthly.
– The first dormitory has been built at the Peace Lives Center for restoration of former child soldiers in Goma, Congo by the boys themselves! (And we were able to hammer a few nails with them…)
– Over 300 shoes and shirts were given to children orphaned by the LRA or young girls who were victim to sexual violence and rape.
– We began our Sponsorship Program! We now assist 15 former child soldiers by providing education, health care, trauma care, and teaching peace building skills.
– We had the incredible opportunity to hand deliver letters to President Obama from children orphaned by the LRA directly to the White House as we actively participated with our teammates at Resolve in Washington D.C. through our Advocacy Campaign.
– Bethany was honored to speak by special invitation at the Child Soldier Education Symposium at The Hague in conjunction with the Thomas Lubunga trial at the International Criminal Court.– Exile was recently chosen as the recipient of a $10,000 grant from Giving of Live! With those funds, we will be training local leaders in Uganda & Congo in the Empower Program to continue weekly group work with additional war-affected children. We will also be putting a down payment on NEW LAND at The Peace Lives Center restoration home in Goma, Congo.
We could not work toward change in these children’s lives without your active support. We are over $14,000 toward our goal of $20,000 by 1 – 1- 12. Your year end tax donation will assist us in completing the purchase of new land at The Peace Lives Center in Congo for restoration of boys and girls rescued from the bush and to train counselors to walk them into peace and healing.
You may donate here: https://exileinternational.org/onetimedonation.php or become a monthly SING! donor starting at only $7 a month or sponsor the direct physical, emotional, and spiritual rehabilitation of a former child solider.
Thank you for making this life changing year possible in the lives of so many children.
Wishing you the happiest of New Years!
~ the Exile team
5123 Virginia Way st b – 11
Brentwood, TN 37027″Exile International, inc is officially incorporated as a non-profit organization and is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3)Corporation. All donations are 100% tax deductible. (EIN 26-3098725)”