Faith & Values
COMMITTED WITH CARE
Guiding Values & Principles
Exile International's ministry is founded on scripture-based principles that guide every organizational decision — from the far reaches of DR Congo and Uganda to the heart of Nashville. Exile's teammates commit daily to these values to best serve and empower child survivors of war while protecting their dignity and identity as children of God.
We are guided by scripture and strive to be more like Jesus in thought, word, and deed.
PASSION FOR CHILDREN
Our focus is on transforming the lives of war-affected children - one child at a time.
CULTURE OF HONOR
We demonstrate respect in word and action to those we lead, follow, disagree with, and serve.
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
We serve God and people by bringing our best and going above and beyond.
INTEGRITY & AUTHENTICITY
We honor transparency in financials and authenticity in our words, actions, and decisions.
We honor our African teammates as brothers, sisters, and experts in their culture.
Statement of Faith
Exile International is a Christian community of faith on a mission to bring justice, restoration, and empowerment to children and youth of all races, religions, and backgrounds. Driven by the love of Jesus Christ, we are committed to providing compassionate rehabilitative care and assistance to survivors of war, regardless of their faith or ethnicity.
- We believe that God calls us all to love Him with our whole being and to love others as we love ourselves (Mark 12:28-33).
- We live by Christ's mandate to seek justice and to compassionately respond to the needs of those around us (Micah 6:8).
- By the grace of God, we are not defined by our past actions or the actions of others towards us. Christ offers us newness of life and hope.
- Hope can be found after the most traumatic experiences, but an eternal life of redemption and restoration is found only in Jesus Christ.
- All people in every place are created in the image of God and are of equal importance to Christ (Genesis 1:27).