We are so thankful to partner with YOU!
Why? Because together, we get to restore children of war to become leaders for peace! Through this, God brought healing to over 1,000 former child soldiers and war-affected children!
What you helped make possible in 2013:
- 450 war-affected children receiving comprehensive, rehabilitative care: physical care, emotional care, spiritual care, education and leadership training in DR Congo and Uganda
- 60 youths sponsored – receiving education, food, housing, counseling and medical care
- 46 national leaders and caregivers trained to facilitate quality, trauma care programs
- 5 former child soldiers were reintegrated into their communities AND each is starting a “peace club” in their own village
- Dozens of these “Young Peace Makers” are leading peace/reconciliation presentations and service projects in their communities
- 4 program graduates are attending university and volunteering at EI’s Peace Lives Center
- Clean water system completed for Peace Lives Center – decreasing water-born illnesses and increasing overall health for 87 children and teens
- The Poza Project was launched – using art and film to amplify the voices of former child soldiers with the help of world-renowned artist, Jeremy Cowart — [video preview of more to come]
Along with your partnership, here are some things we plan to accomplish in 2014:
- 50% more child survivors being restored and empowered to become leaders for peace
- Buying land, building facilities & training staff to restore more children than ever before
- Doubling child sponsorships – providing an education and a hopeful future to 60 more children: Join us! https://exileinternational.org/sponsor/
- Training & equipping 75 local caregivers to provide hope to child survivors of war
- Immunize 150+ youths – increasing physical health (decreasing preventable illnesses) and enabling healthy children to focus their mental energy on healing and growth
As a team and on behalf of those served: Thank you for your continued support and prayers! Your contributions are changing lives – restoring and empowering children of war to become leaders for peace.